Boasting two concert halls –that can accommodate an audience of 6.500 and 1.200 persons, The Rockhal is Luxembourg's No 1 concert venue. The Rockhal is also a Music & Resources Centre, comprising six rehearsal rooms, a recording studio, a dance studio and a documentation centre. The Rockhal is mainly dedicated to pop and rock music from young newcomers to the biggest acts in the world. Stay informed on www.rockhal.lu.
The youth hostel in Esch-sur-Alzette is pleased to welcome Jacques Schneider and his artwork: „La Paix, l’Europe et la Sidérurgie“.
from 6th July until 30th September, 2017
daily between 10:00 and 22.00
free of charge
Information about the artist:
From the 21st of September until 26th of October our experienced climbing instructors of the youth hostel in Echternach will offer again a 6-week climbing course for beginning learners on the 14 metre high, indoor climbing wall. For kids aged 8 to 12 the course takes place on Thursdays from 14:00 until 15:30. Primary aim of the activity is to encourage the enjoyment of climbing as well as exercise in general. Furthermore, concentration, trust, as well as the motivation to accept challenges are also enhanced. Acquired skills therefore may help kids in everyday life.
From a physical point of view, climbing is considered as a full-body workout because exercises involving coordination lead to an improved cooperation between different muscle groups and extremities. From a psychological point of view, the facing of challenges in climbing help enhancing self-confidence and self-assurance. The kids will be required to develop strategies in order to overcome various tasks. Furthermore, due to climbing being a sport in which progress is perceived rapidly, self-confidence is strengthened.
The 6-week beginner training course will take place if at least 6 participants register. Should the minimum amount of participants not be reached, you will be notified in due time.
6 sessions – Thursdays between 14:00 and 15:30:
21.09. / 28.09. / 05.10.* / 12.10. / 19.10. / 26.10.2017
*Attention: the course of October, 5th will take place from 16:00 until 17:30!
Price per person for the entire 6 week course:
69 € (member price)
75 € (standard price)
Language of course:
Venue of activity:
Youth Hostel Echternach
Information and registration:
Youth Hostels Luxembourg NPO
T. (+352) 26 27 66 200
As in the previous years, the northern Luxembourgish city of Wiltz transforms its park into a fairy tale landscape made of paper lanterns for one night. Furthermore, a series of concerts and animation for families is provided along with a wide selection of food and beverages!
Further information: www.cooperations.lu
Sunday, 24th September, 2017 between 9:30 and 20:00
- 9:30 - 18:00: Hiking, nordic walking, mountain bike; on your own - the guided tours take place at 9:30 from Marienthal
- 10:30-15:00: Life in the water - chalet SNJ "Op den Weieren"
- 11:00 / 12:00 / 14:00 / 15:00 / 16:00: guided visit of Hollenfels' castle (11:00 / 15:00 kids friendly tours)
- 11:00 / 13:00 / 14:00 / 15:00 / 16:00: guided visits of Centre SNJ Marienthal
- 11:00 - 17:00: SNJ Marienthal: high ropes park; kids' rallye, tandem, educational farm
- 14:00 - 18:00 : E-Bike test
- 15:00 - 17:00: skills trail for kids (APECTS)
- 15:00 - 19:00: live music
- 17:00: auction of Tour de France flags - for a good cause
Drinks and catering will be available between 12:00 and 20:00.
Free shuttle service in the municipalty of Tuntange:
- 9:00 - 19:00: departure to Marienthal
- 9:30 - 20:30: return journey every hour
Centre SNJ Märjendall
T. (+352) 247 76403
Sunday, 1st of October, 2017
Starting times: between 10:00 and 11:30
Last dessert will be served at 17:30.
Station 1: "Café de la Place" - reception and aperitif
Station 2: Youth hostel Larochette - starter: mushroom soup
Station 3: Restaurant "Kengert" - intermediate course: gourmet plate with regional products
Station 4: "Hôtel du château" - main course: meat or fish
Station 5: Restaurant "Op der Bleech" - dessert
39,50 € / from 13 years and adults
19,75 € / children until 12 years (half portion)
More information and booking:
2 days are dedicated to mountain bikers and trail runners.
14th of October, 2017:
49K (21.2k MTB / 9.6k RUN Trail / 18.2k MTB)
Single or team of 2-3
- 10,5K L’essentiel – Urban Belval Trail Run (New Track, obstacle race)
- 18,3k Run Trail (Free shuttle to the start @ Fond-de-gras Minettpark)
- 27,7k Run Trail (Free shuttle to the start @ Fond-de-gras Minettpark). The 27,7k race is counting for the Asport Trail Challenge.
Agora - Urban Cyclocross (CX)
Loop : 3,5k
15th of October, 2017: Tageblatt - Mountain Bike Day
- 38,8k : Only Tour*
- 61,3k : Tour* or Race** (Cyclosportive)
- 75,0k : Tour* or Race** (Cyclosportive)
Information & registration:
On Sunday, 15th of October, an open day will be held at Beaufort’s modern youth hostel. Between 11 am and 9 pm the indoor playground, the bouncy castle and the bowling alley are at your disposal free of charge. And of course there will be plenty to eat (pasta and barbecue) and drink.
Sunday, 15th of October, 2017
Opening times of the bowling alley, indoor playground and the bouncy castle:
11:00 - 21:00
12:00 – 20:00
Venue of event and further information:
Youth hostel Beaufort
55, route de Dillingen
T. (+352) 26 27 66 200
A very special Advent evening awaits you on Sunday, 26th of November from 7.00 pm. The hostel team invites you to a raclette dinner in a friendly atmosphere and a cosy ambience. For children, the modern indoor playground provides exciting variety. It is an event for the whole family!
- Aperitif with amuse bouche
- Buffet with different kind of cheese, meat and fish, potatoes, salads, vegetables and fruits
- Fruit salad and skewer
Sunday, 26th of November, 2017, from 19h00
Price per person:
28 € (member price*) / 31 € (standard price)
Reduction of 50 % for children between 3 and 12 years
Drinks (except aperitif) are not included in the price and have to be payed additionally.
* Not a member yet? Don’t hesitate to contact us for information on how to receive your own membership card. Your membership will help you save money on all our activities and many other interesting things – find out more!
Booking and information:
Youth hostel Beaufort
55, route de Dillingen
T. (+352) 26 27 66 300
On the occasion of Karl Marx' 200th birthday, the city of Trier will hold a special exhibition on the world-renowned philosopher and economist. As Marx was born in Trier, the city has decided to create an extensive event for the anniversary, titled KARL MARX, 1818-1883. LIFE. WORK. TIME.
The exhibition will be held in two different venues in Trier, both of which are comfortably reached from Luxembourg by public transport within an hour:
- Rheinisches Landesmuseum Trier
- Stadtmuseum Simeonstift Trier
More information about this very unique, cultural highlight can be found at: