General terms and conditions - here you will find all the information at a glance
In order to make our guests' stay as pleasant as possible, we would like to take a look at the general terms and conditions of sale and business below. What services do we provide and what are our guests' obligations? With the booking, the terms and conditions are automatically accepted, which regulate the contractual relationship between the youth hostel and the guest.
Youth Hostels Luxembourg
Non-profit organisation (NPO)
2, rue du Fort Olisy
T. (+352) 26 27 66 200
F. (+352) 26 27 66 242
VAT number: LU 11820109
These general terms and conditions of sale apply to the booking and payment of overnight accommodation (beds in dormitories or rooms) by a guest in the Luxembourg youth hostels managed by the Youth Hostels Luxembourg NPO.
The rates indicated on the website are in euros and include all taxes and fees. Only some youth hostels charge an additional tourist tax.
The Youth Hostels Luxembourg NPO reserves the right to change prices. However, bookings confirmed by the youth hostel will be charged at the rate valid at the time of booking.
For online direct bookings, non-member rates will be charged. 3 € per night will be refunded in cash to each member upon presentation of the ‘Hostelling International’ card at check-in.
Groups without a valid membership card pay a 15 € surcharge per night on the membership price.
Families and individual guests
- Children between 0 and 2 years: free overnight stay
- Children between 3 and 12 years: 50% discount on the overnight price
Groups of 10 or more
Groups receive a reduction on the overnight price for bookings including half board or full board.
- for one night: 5%
- for two nights: 10%
- for three nights or more: 12,50%
- Groups and schools with children up to 6th grade included, receive a 10% discount on the full meal price.
Discounts cannot be combined.
Bookings are accepted for individuals, families or for groups of up to nine people, for a maximum stay of seven consecutive nights. Those wishing to stay longer can prolong their stay on site. A number of 30 overnight stays per year in the Luxembourg youth hostels may not be exceeded.
Each booking is confirmed by the youth hostel. Only the booking reference number given to the guest at the time of booking will also guarantee him/her a place on arrival at the youth hostel.
Guests are requested to look at the opening hours of the respective youth hostel before making a booking. Guests cannot be checked in if they arrive outside opening hours on the day of arrival. Late arrival is considered by the hostel as a no-show without cancellation. Thus, the booking guarantee expires without any right to compensation for the guest.
The confirmation shall state the period during which the customer may make a change to or cancel the booking. After this deadline, there is no possibility for any change or compensation, even partial. Any change or cancellation must be made in writing to the attention of the manager of the youth hostel concerned.
6. Mode of payment
In the case of a digital booking, payment is made via the secure digital payment system of the Luxembourg Youth Hostels NPO. The Visa or MasterCard credit card must be issued in the name of the guest.
In the case of a digital booking, payment is made via the secure digital payment system of the Youth Hostels Luxembourg NPO. The Visa or MasterCard credit card must be issued in the name of the guest.
Youth Hostels Luxembourg NPO undertakes to maintain the confidentiality of the guest’s personal data towards third parties and the exclusive use of this data within the framework of the necessary procedures of the payment transaction.
Bookings are paid electronically by credit card in favour of the Youth Hostels Luxembourg NPO. The Swiss transaction company ‘Datatrans AG’ guarantees the security.
Prior authorisation from the youth hostel is required for the organisation of public conferences or events for which a fee is charged.
When setting up its website, the main concern of the Youth Hostels Luxembourg NPO was the security aspects, as well as the confidential treatment of transactions. In the event that, as a result of these technical protection measures, the information and/or data provided by the guest on the website is accessed, decoded or transmitted to third parties, modified, deleted or exploited by third parties, the Youth Hostels Luxembourg NPO declines all liability for any direct or indirect consequences that may arise as a result.
The Youth Hostels Luxembourg NPO declines all liability in the event of direct or indirect consequences resulting from the use of the website, whatever the circumstances, whether due to breakdowns, unavailability of the Luxembourg Youth Hostels NPO information systems or problems caused by the telecommunications network.
The Youth Hostels Luxembourg NPO declines all liability in the event of direct or indirect consequences resulting from the incompatibility of the system with that of the guest, in connection with the configuration, the Internet connection or in the event that the technical equipment of the guest does not allow the data available on the website to be restored and/or the customer-related information to be transmitted.
The Youth Hostels Luxembourg NPO declines all liability in the event of damage caused to the material and/or logistical configuration of the guest, as well as in the event of loss of data due to:
- the use of the website
- the use of electronic means of communication, such as e-mail, for communication between the Luxembourg Youth Hostels NPO and the guest
- program errors or PC viruses
- the downloading of files or programmes
The general conditions of sale may be amended at any time. Before each new transaction, the guest must check the general conditions of sale.
The Youth Hostels Luxembourg NPO cannot under any circumstances be held liable for unused bookings as a result of circumstances which the Youth Hostels Luxembourg NPO could neither foresee nor avoid, even with the utmost caution. These circumstances could include the following, without claiming to be exhaustive:
- Threats of war
- Popular uprisings
- Strikes or other trade union actions
- Natural disasters
- Terrorist actions
- Technical problems with transport
- Airport or port closures
- Failure of ferries
- Meteorological conditions
- Government intervention
- Other circumstances independent of our will
These general conditions of sale are governed by the Grand-Ducal law. Disputes fall within the jurisdiction of the district courts of Luxembourg.
- Cancellations made up to 28 days before the date of arrival are free of charge.
- Cancellations made up to one day before the date of arrival will be charged 15% of the total amount.
- Cancellations made less than 24 hours prior to the arrival date or no-shows will be incurred with the total booking value.
- Cancellation more than 28 days prior to the arrival date will incur a 5% cancellation fee.
- Cancellations less than 28 days prior to the date of arrival will incur a charge of 15% of the total amount.
- Cancellations less than 7 days prior to the arrival date or no-shows will be incurred with the total booking value.
- Out of mutual respect, the hostel must be quiet from 22:00 until 06:30.
- Smoking is not permitted in the hostel. Food may not be prepared or eaten in the rooms.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be brought into the hostel. However, these may be sold to those over 16 years old in the cafeteria for direct consumption.
- The possession or consumption of narcotics and the abuse of alcohol or medicines are prohibited in the buildings and on the grounds of the youth hostel.
- Breakfast is always included in the price. However, it is not permitted to take food from the buffet.
- The use of bed linen is compulsory.
- For security reasons, the windows in the rooms can only be tilted.
- Please never leave suitcases or other valuables unattended. We accept no responsibility for damage or theft.
- Access to the rooms is reserved for overnight guests. It is strictly forbidden to invite third parties in the rooms.
- If any damage is found in the youth hostel, please inform the reception immediately.
- Animals are not allowed. Companion dogs may be brought along by prior arrangement.
- It is not permitted to sell any items or services on one's own account or for a third person.
- Please collect waste separately and use energy and water responsibly. When leaving the room, please turn off the heating, close the window and switch off the light.
- In order to improve our standards, we need feedback from our guests in any form.
The care and protection of our guests is very important to us. In the case of actions that run counter to this or in the case of gross violations of the house rules, the youth hostel can issue a house ban. The guest must be informed of the reason for the house ban.